Overview of the Progressive Wage Model (PWM) for Retail Sector
The below provides an excerpt and summary taken from Ministry of Manpower website for busy executives like yourself. For a full version, please go to the following link : https://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/progressive-wage-model/retail-sector
1) Background: The PWM was introduced in the retail sector in Singapore in 2016 to help workers earn sustainable wages and improve their skills.
2) PWM for the retail sector: The PWM in the retail sector has three levels - Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3. Each level has a different wage range and requirements for job responsibilities and skills. Level 1: Workers at Level 1 have basic customer service and sales skills. Level 2: Workers at Level 2 have more advanced customer service and sales skills and are required to perform additional tasks such as stock-taking and visual merchandising. Level 3: Workers at Level 3 have supervisory responsibilities, such as managing teams and overseeing store operations.
3) The following table summarises the recommended Retail PWM Baseline Gross Wages (excluding overtime payment) for the period from 1 September 2022 to 31 August 2025 to applicable resident7 workers in the Retail sector :
4) Benefits of the PWM: The PWM is designed to benefit both workers and employers. Workers benefit by having a clear path for career advancement and the opportunity to earn higher wages, while employers benefit from having a more skilled and productive workforce.
5) PWM Supportive Measures: The government provides supportive measures to encourage employers to implement the PWM, such as the PWM bonus, which provides financial assistance to employers who raise the wages of their lower-wage workers to PWM levels.
6) Overall, the PWM in the retail sector is designed to improve the wages and skills of retail workers, promote career advancement, and support the growth and competitiveness of the retail sector in Singapore.
For courses that are aligned to PWM in the retail sector, you can visit the following courses :
1 People Development (Level 5) -RET-PMD-5002-1.1
2 Personal Effective (Level 5)- RET-PMD-5005-1.1
3 Vision Leadership (Level 5) - RET-LPM-5002-1.1
4 People Development (Level 4) - RET-PMD-4002-1.1
5 Personal Effective (Level 4) - RET-PMD-4005-1.1
6 Vision Leadership (Level 4) - RET-LPM-4002-1.1
7 Vision Leadership (Level 3) - RET-LPM-3002-1.1
8 Workplace Communication (Level 3) - RET-COM-3002-1.1
9 Organisational Relationship Building (Level 3) - RET-PMD-3004-1.1
10 Problem Identification (Level 3) - RET-ACE-3006-1.1
11 Workplace Communication (Level 2) - RET-COM-2002-1.1